Sunday 17 November 2013

Local ravine and my new bird feeder - a great photo day!

I would like to start off by saying sorry that I haven't been posting anything lately.

I made a birdfeeder complex last weekend:


I have seen 11 species eating on it this past week!

- Northern Cardinal
- Blue Jay
- House Finch
- Black-capped Chickadee
- Mourning Dove
- Carolina Wren
- House Sparrow
- Downy Woodpecker
- Dark-eyed Junco
- White-throated Sparrow
- White-breasted Nuthatch

Here are some shots from my yard:


Mourning Dove closeup


Downy Woodpecker closeup


Dark-eyed Junco - my personal best shot!


 House Finch male on my feeder!


Carolina Wren - my personal best shot!


Black-capped Chickadee - my personal best shot!


Carolina Wren enjoying my suet


Mourning Dove


I can even hand-feed the Chickadees!



Now... I went to my local ravine today to see if there was anything left there.

Here's what I saw:

2 Dark-eyed Juncos
4 Winter Wrens
1 Cooper's Hawk
2 House Finches
6 White-throated Sparrows
2 Downy Woodpeckers
2 White-breasted Nuthatches
3 Northern Cardinals

and that's about it. 

Here are some shots:


Scenery - there is even a rainbow in the bottom middle/left!


Winter Wren! My personal best shot!


Downy Woodpecker female


Hope you enjoyed my shots!

Please comment!

Happy birding

-Owen

2 comments: