Monday 21 October 2013

A cold evening birding...

Went to my local ravine last evening, sorry for the photo quality, it was cold, and dark...

Here's what I saw:

1 Swainson's Thrush
1 Song Sparrow
2 Chipping Sparrow
10 White-throated Sparrow
1 Downy Woodpecker
1 Hairy Woodpecker
30 Golden-crowned Kinglet
5 Winter Wren

Here are some shots:


Perfectly posed Chipping Sparrow pair!


Hairy Woodpecker female with dinner...


Winter Wren!


Many of these Golden-crowned Kinglets on the path in front of me, many more in the trees!


Full moon!!!

Please give me feedback on how to improve my blog!

I will post a new blog entry every 3 days or less - stay tuned!

Happy birding!

-Owen

4 comments:

  1. Nice blog Owen, some lovely shots and you really give the viewer a sense of being there with you. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Many blogs I see have too much writing, and too few pictures. Most people enjoy the photos more, so I try to put a quick summary, then some pictures.

      Delete
  2. Magnifiques photos. J'adore les petits oiseaux. Le reflet de la lumière, et la verte couleur de feuille ça fait très joli. La Lune en plein est resplendissante. Bon travail. Merci beaucoup. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci beaucoup, Hannag! Les petites oiseaux sont tres vites, et c'est tres difficile a prendre un photo! J'etait tres chanceux d'avoir un oppertunite de prendre un bonne photo de la lune plein!

      Hope my French was Ok!

      Delete